Beverley spoke! Feathers were spat....
Sandy Patience for the Civic Society introduced the issues. The East Riding of Yorkshire Council (ERYC) proposes to:
- replace the setts/cobbles in Saturday Market,
- demolish Longcroft School for housing,
- build more housing in the north and south of the town,
- allow more retail on the Grovehill site.
- retain the granite setts (and the character of the Market Place)
- leave Longcroft School on its current site
- reduce the housing targets for the town as a whole
- prohibit supermarkets on Grovehill.